BRANCH MANAGER MARITIME / SHIPPING
Established in 1921, Amsterdam based Spliethoff manages a fleet of about 50 modern, Dutch flagged, 1A ice-classed, multipurpose vessels, ranging from 11,000 to 23,000 DWT.
All vessels are equipped with removable tweendecks and cargo cranes with capacities up to 240 tonnes in tandem lift. The fleet is constantly being renewed.
Highly trained personnel in our global office network, on board the ships and in ports all over the world are dedicated to maintaining stringent safety and quality standards.
The Cleveland Europe Express (CEE-WAY) offers twice-monthly sailings between Europe and the Great Lakes. CEE-WAY offers a year-round service, even when the Great Lakes are closed.
As Branch manager, based in Cleveland OH, you are responsible for the management of Spliethoff’s office within the fast growing market in the Great Lakes area.
Your main focus is establishing and expanding a trade route between Cleveland and Europe. We are looking for a talented Branch Manager to assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operations. You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operations. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
Branch manager will report directly to Spliethoff’s head office in Amsterdam.
- Direct all operational aspects including customer service, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of assigned personnel by providing training, coaching, development and
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Business Administration or related filed
- Proven branch management experience
- Leadership and human resource management skills
- Has minimum 10 years’ experience in front line sales functions
- Working experience in a Maritime environment
- Results driven and customer focused
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player and high-energy
- Knowledge of Dutch language is preferable
We offer you a competitive benefits packing including Medical, Dental, and 401k.